Doctor/Nurse Farewell Gifts
or Medical School
Medical people are always going to get free, brand-emblazoned stuff from pharmaceutical and other medical companies.
So you need to give something quite special to a Doctor or Nurse, or someone going to medical school, to raise your going away gift above the dross.
Therefore, always give something classy and/or useful and/or very personal, preferably that you can engrave or write personal best wishes onto.
Otherwise go for something fun to balance the serious and busy side of their life.
- A nice pen they can use to sign their scripts that hangs around their neck (and not accidently lose).
- A pedometer.
- Insoles with the words "Just hoping to support you, who supports so many people".
- A specialist medical watch, or at least a kitschy Frankenstein watch for the fun-at-heart. Make sure the watch shows the seconds. (Don't forget to engrave on it!)
- A massage device that would come in really handy after a long day.
- An "Open in case of emergency" scalpel or tracheometry tube with an engraved blessing? This is quite dark but they might like it.
- Good medical books:
- House of God by Samuel Shem
- The year of the intern by Robin Cook
- On Call by Emily Transue
- Kill As Few Patients As Possible by Oscar London
- Becoming a Doctor by Melvin Konner
- The Medical Science of House, MD by Andrew Holtz
- Stiff by Mary Roach
- The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat by Oliver Sacks.
Sounds like a good idea?
Type it into the search box!
- Stethoscope (Littmann seems to be the most recommended). Engave this at the bottom of the neck, so that they can look down and see your best wishes.
- Anatomy colouring book with crayons.
- Some flasks and beakers as a bartending set.
- M.A.S.H. dvds, or merchandise
- 'Operation' board game.
- Old fashioned smelling salts.
- Lab coat and scrubs (monogrammed).
- Massage, hotel or holiday vouchers to relax, make a very thoughtful going away gift!
What are you thinking of getting?
Click for our gift shop items!
(Not medical-specific though)
Let us know by posting your comments!
Click here to post comments
Return to Farewell gift ideas.