Need some retirement party humor themes for a cheeky guest of honour?
The following funny retirement farewell party ideas should help
inspire you to fill in the rest of the details like appropriate food,
decorations and retirement party games.
• Don’t Bug Me: For the individual who is retiring and doesn’t know what they want to do, except not be bothered any more, a “Don’t Bug Me” party would be lots of fun. Bug themed, you can have plastic bugs on the tables, or hanging from the ceiling. Encourage the retiree to “Bee themselves” and humor them by saying that you know they are “itching to go”.
• Your Sentence Is Over: Jail themed “fun” party for an individual retiring. Black and white striped shirts, ball and chains, handcuffs, a “get out of jail free” card blown up and put on the wall. Food could be served on the disposable compartmentalized paper trays available at many grocery stores.
• Another One Bites The Dust: A retirement party humor theme based on Rock Music, with covers of Rolling Stone as decoration, lots of rock music, you could ask everyone to wear their favorite concert tee shirts.
• Out To Pasture: Based on the idea of being “put out to pasture” this would have to be used for someone who has an excellent sense of humor. Use horse themes, a saddle, riding boots, riding crop etc., as decorations.
• Over The Hill: A retirement party based on the premise that the individual retiring is now “over the hill” this could only be successfully used if the person has an excellent sense of humor. “Over the Hill” theme decorations can be found in any party store.
There's more than one way to have a ball!
Click for more retirement farewell themes!
• The Twilight Zone: “Now that you are retiring, you are entering into the Twilight Zone” . If you can get someone to do a voice-over with the Twilight Zone theme, that would be an excellent intro for the party, low lighting, hang tinsel from the ceiling and in the doorway. Announcer could introduce the retiree – and doing a running comedy narration of their exploits – a slide show used with an overhead projector would be great for this – sepia toned of course to fit the mood.
• Every Day Fever: A Disco Themed retirement
party, based on the premise that after retirement Saturday Night Fever
isn’t just for Saturday nights anymore.
A real live disco would be
optimum for this, with dance music and a disco ball and strobe lights,
but a good disc jockey could pull off the same effect and would probably
Dancing IS the activity here.
• The Snuggie Slumber Party: A retirement party based on the idea that “now you’ll be able to work from home in your PJ’s”. Sleepover snacks for the food. Everyone has to attend in a snuggie or PJ’s.