For Farewell/Retirement Cards
What retirement sentiments can you possibly say to someone after they've contributed so much in their life?
Scroll below for some short retirement greetings to write in a card, in case some of you are lost for words!
There are also some generic farewell sentiments here, if these ones are all taken ;)
Or as advised on that page, draw a little picture if you can't say it with words - a little person clicking their heels or putting their feet up , a little person floating away holding a balloon - there are plenty of picture ideas here.
Hale and Hearty Retirement Sentiments:
- You look remarkably well-preserved, considering the work you've done!
- You've saved the best years for last!
- Anyone who complains about being put out to pasture has been in the harness too long. Enjoy your retirement!
- Thanks for your best years, enjoy your rest years!
- At last you can pursue your moonlighting job as Batman full time...
- I'm still trying / just about to catch up to you!
- See you on the golf course!
- Now that you've run the rat race, you can work on that better mouse trap!
- Your grey hairs are from wisdom, mine are from stress!
- The best time to retire is before you wish you had :)
Consider giving a retiree gift,
such as creating their own e-business,
or a sport to enjoy their time!
- The cubicle monkeys are going to go bananas around here without you.
- Now you're at that lovely stage of life where you get to sit
around the house and annoy your spouse all day, everyday.
- Imagine actually being able to ignore your
alarm clock and read the whole paper while you eat breakfast and laugh
as you listen to the traffic report – yeah, retiring definitely has its
- You’ve slayed your dragons, now it’s time for happily ever after!
think, no more workplace drama! What are you going to do for
- Your retirement has left us all in shock – who’s going to do all the work now?
- Thank you for this opportunity to say thank You!
- Now you are gainfully unemployed, doing only what matters to you!
Too much blank space?
Fill it up with a meatier retirement quote -
do choose the more positive ones!
- You can retire from the Navy, but I bet you anything you’re still calling the bathroom the Head for the next few years.
that you are retired you can say goodbye to the stressful things, like
daily commutes and workplace drama - and say hello to the relaxing
stuff, like sky diving and bungee jumping!
- Your reputation rocks, now that it’s time for you to roll on, we’re all banging our heads.
- You’re a classic! Your model will never be discontinued – happy retirement!
- You’ll be living on sponge cake before you know it – go knock those parrot heads dead!
- It’s going to be scary around here without you – Happy Retirement!
- You’ve come a long way baby!
- No one can fill your shoes – your feats will be sorely missed.
- You are getting off this crazy ride at the right time!
- The size of your shoe belies the depth of your print.
Click for example responses to their final email.
Sincere Retirement Sentiments:
- I'm glad to have learned from you.
- Thank you for all your time...
- Blessings of health and happiness for your retirement years...
- Thank you for all your advice and mentoring, I'll remember your words for a very long time.
- May retiring be as fulfilling for you as your counsel was for us.
- There aren’t enough words to say how much your commitment and dedication have meant to us. Congratulations on retiring!
- You made a difference to my career.
- You made a difference to my work.
- I hope eventually to be as calm and self-aware as you have shown me you are.
- You're not retiring from work, you're making room for something better - you're retiring to Being You.
- Time on the job is temporary, your work and legacy lasts forever.
- May God give you:
for every storm, a rainbow;
for every tear, a smile;
for every care, a promise;
a blessing for every trial;
for every problem life sends,
a faithful friend to share;
for every sigh, a sweet song, and
an answer for every prayer.
Check out some other farewell notes.
- If you knew how much we are going to miss you around here you
probably wouldn’t be able to sleep at night for the guilt. You will be
- You’ve helped us achieve our dreams, now its time to pursue your own. Thank you for your years of dedicated service.
the road rise to meet you, the wind be always at your back, the sun
shine warm upon your house, the rain fall soft upon your fields, and
until we meet again, may god hold you in the palm of his hand.
- Put your feet up and relax, you’ve earned it! Congratulations on retiring!
- You will never be forgotten because legends never die.
- You may be retiring but you have left your heart behind.
- A toast to you: from success to significance!
- You have not left us empty-handed - you have left us part of yourself with knowledge-sharing and project-building. Thank you!
Is anyone organising the retirement farewell party?
Check out some themes here.
And if you are all a silly bunch and the retiree is the humour ringleader? Click for funny retirement party themes.
Farewell Retirement Ideas
Retirement Sentiments Top